Sabado, Hulyo 2, 2016

On being jobless...



You’re probably thinking, “why start a blog now?”  I personally think that blogs should be, first and foremost, interesting….it should be carefully written and contain true to life experiences.   Later on, you would want to look back at your previous blogs, and say to yourself, “I did these things?” And you learn to appreciate yourself more. At this age, when am nearing my mid-life at 40, you’d realize that you would want to reminisce what you did when you’re young and what a better way to recall than thru a blog.

Personally, I would’ve hoped to have started it when I was still in my 20’s, but I only resorted to diaries and planners, yes planners! I’ve put on a lot of interesting stuff like stickers, tickets, pictures, receipts, newspaper clippings, dried flowers, etc.  If not so obvious yet, I can say that I’m a bit sentimental at times.  Now that we’re in a “virtual” technology, might as well make use of it, it’s free anyway.

Going back, part of the reason why I finally created this blog is that I belong to the less than 10% of the unemployed society in the Philippines.  After many years of being a “corporate slave,” I am now experiencing the joys of not worrying about work, my boss, my co-employees, subordinates, etc.  I wake up feeling fresh and looking forward to a meaningful day.   It feels weird sometimes to not think about work when you were so used to being in-charge.  But hey, it’s a perfect opportunity to think more about yourself.  And now I have time on things I’ve put on stall because of my “demanding” so-called jobs.  I now have the energy to learn new things such as cook, bake, read, attend seminars (mostly financial and investments), walk/jog and do ordinary things as mundane as washing the dishes.  I used to eat out everyday as part of my stress-free activities.  It uplifts my soul and re-energizes my bodily well-being especially when I eat my favorite ramen.

I can think about a lot of topics that I would want to write and I’ll do it one a time.  So for those who are still looking and waiting for a job, I’d say make use of your time to do stuff that excites you, things that make you happy and productive, things that you wouldn’t have done if you were employed.  And believe me, later on you’d be glad you did.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento